Justin,

I don't know much about UPS' XML exchange formats, but they are
a member of Rosetta net. That is a group of companies that built
some exchange standards. I would not be surprised if SOAP is part
of the equation. From what I have seen of Rosetta's standards, they
use something called a Partner Interface Process (PIP), which documents

the format of information exchanged between member companies.
You might check out www.rosetta.org.

Walden mentioned SOAP, overall, SOAP is just defines a way of calling
a program on another system using a transport like HTTP, or SMTP.
SOAP defines the parameters and program to call. A good bet for
SOAP on the iSeries is the Apache Axis project. I have not used Axis on

the iSeries, but I have used its predecessor Apache SOAP. I do have a
project planned that will likely use Axis, so I will know whether it
will work
on the iSeries in a few weeks.

As far as creating XML documents goes, you can use the IFS file APIs or

some sort of XML parser. The iSeries-toolkit contains a UNIX module
that makes using those APIs pretty easy. I like JDOM the best for
parsing
in Java and can give you an example if you get that far.

David Morris

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for creating XML
Documents.