From: Brad Stone [mailto:brad@bvstools.com]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 10:59 AM
To: web400@midrange.com
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Beyond RPG CGI

Dan,

Connection pooling will make a HUGE difference with your
JDBC connections.  I would guestimate that you would see an
increase of over 50% performance.  The connection is what
takes the longest.

Websphere has connection pooling built in, but if you're
like me you like to roll your own.  I've got a connection
pooling and database pooling objects.

So, at startup I load all the db pools, then each db pool
has it's own connection pool.

Made a huge difference in my little apps that I mess around
with.  And pooling, once understood, is really very simple.
You don't need Websphere for it.

Brad

Bradley V. Stone
BVS.Tools