Depressed is too strong a word, but yes I wish we all had more time.
So here I go with some information.

I have done some(about 50 programs so far),
we have our AS/400 behind a fire wall, and user ids to get in for
our customers, they can inquire on open and future orders, they can look
over their
sales data by category/month, they can see their price books, our bi-weekly
promotional books, do SRP maintenance, and some other fluff (e-mail listing,

vendor links, news links, tradeshow calendars (links to locations).
This is all rpg-cgi, some JavaScript to make things "cool", the adobe files,
and graphics are all in the IFS in separate directories so I can have a test
and a live environment.  We do have other things on the back burner, but the
ROI is still not there to do the projects (customer velocities, access to
invoices,
and other pertinent reports)  Ordering on-line is not practical in our
business,
so that is not even on the horizon (as most of our customers would order
between
250 to 2,500 sku's per week; we are a distribution company to convenience
stores)

Myself being the only one here that knows what I am doing, I have kept
things
as simple as I could, no full blown JAVA; I don't have the time yet to learn
it,
and the rest of the crew is blown away enough my the rpg-cig code.

The customers, sales staff, presidents, and even the corporate suits have
been
very impressed that the AS/400 was even capable of this.

It has been very exciting again to code on the edge, all the HTML stuff and
JavaScript has been self-taught under fire and sometimes on fire, I have
learned many things much better that way than in a class room.

I have seen others mention that posting, and conversing on this list has
been
difficult, I must also concur, time is tight, recourses are thin, and
projects
have a habit of not going away on their own.  Ah the life of a programmer...

Mark A. Manske
Fleming CSD - Plymouth Division
Sr. Project Lead
http://www.minter-weisman.com