Hi,

I have installed WebSphere 3.5.4 using the default IBM HTTP server (I could
not get the Apache HTTP server to work with WebSphere) on V5R1.  I am now
in the process of trying out the sample applications.    Simple samples
seem to work, but I am having problems creating the database required for
the database samples.

My problem is in Step 4: Run the Database Servlet.

I have created the WSDEMO userprofile with the wsdemo1 password and
successfully completed all the other previous steps (as far as I can
tell).  When I click on the Submit button for Step 4, I get the following
message:

An error occurred while trying to create the database
An exception occurred during database setup: **
java.lang.NullPointerException ** Error message: ** null ** Check that all
of the database access parameters submitted are accurate. (Note that the
username and password are case sensitive.)
You won't be able to run any of the database samples until database setup
has been run successfully.

I have tried this step (using upper and lower case for userid and password)
and the previous steps several times and I keep getting the same
message.  I am at a loss as where to look next.  I can't tell what the
problem is or where it occurred.  I have not found any logs that tell me
anything either (I may not be looking in the right place).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave Murvin
DRM Enterprises, Inc.