SMTP addressing is not being used.

To send a message to myself I would use
     ADDNOTE.ALUTZ

I find this out by query on the LMS server

The AS/400 does not receive at all, but you can send

I would SNDDST with userid ALUTZ, system ADDNOTE .....there is a directory
entry which will route *any/addnote to yet another as/400 which is the notes
server.

Everyone has lotus notes on their desktop that is how email is received.  The
AS/400 just needs to send period.

                    rob@dekko.com

                    Sent by:               To:     WEB400@midrange.com

                    owner-web400@mi        cc:

                    drange.com             Subject:     RE: SNDDST
alternative????

                    05/29/2001

                    11:24 AM

                    Please respond

                    to WEB400

I have a question about your node/userid addressing.  On several of the
ones that we do, we change with WRKDIRE and hit F19 to 'Change name for
SMTP'.  Check out one of these.  Is it using an email type address based on
what you see in F19?  If so, then SNDEMAIL will work.  If not, then how do
you suspect the receiving 400 processes email sent to this address?

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    Andrew.Lutz@abb

                    ott.com                To:     WEB400@midrange.com

                    Sent by:               cc:

                    owner-web400@mi        Subject:     RE: SNDDST
alternative????
                    drange.com

                    05/29/01 09:05

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to WEB400

Aaron,

Unless I am mistaken this utility is for internet email.  I have to use the
NODE/USERID addressing just like in SNDDST so that it will forward to the
AS/400 based domino server, but I would like to be able to use the IFS
rather
that QDLS .

Thanks,

Andrew

                    "Bartell, Aaron

                    L. (TC)"                To:     "'WEB400@midrange.com'"
<WEB400@midrange.com>
                    <ALBartell@taylo        cc:

                    rcorp.com>              Subject:     RE: SNDDST
alternative????
                    Sent by:

                    owner-web400@mid

                    range.com

                    05/29/2001 08:29

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to WEB400

Do a 'search all' on the midrange lists for SNDEMAIL.  This is a utility
that allows you to send emails interactively or batch.

Aaron Bartell