  • Subject: RE: RE: WebSphere on NT vs. AS/400
  • From: "Bleddyn Williams" <bleddyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:47:27 +0100

Yes the main thing to get good WAS performance is L2 cache, and at least 1Gb
of memory will help. Which model 720 is it? One of the guys on IGNITe/400
has been using WAS and the performance isn't great and that's on a test 720,
let alone production with lots of other stuff going on. You could find that
with 512 stopping and starting your instance when you do any development
work will impact other parts of the system. Also look out when your running
the WAS environment for Current Unprotected Used storage rising and eating
up space.

Also look out for issues in your stopping and starting of WAS. There is no
nice way to end from a command line and it you should never do a *IMMED on
it, as it can cause some real nasty issues in the repository getting
trashed. The best way to close it is either from the console or with a
*CNTRLD end with an increased ending value.

Just some things to look out for ;)

Thanks Bleddyn

http://www.ignite400.org - iSeries eBusiness User Group

I think the key is you need L2 Cache.