From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Thomas Raddatz
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2024 7:19 AM
To: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Code Coverage Error Message CRRDG7248W

External: Pause and review the sender's email address, any URLs before clicking links, opening attachments, or following requests. When in doubt, contact the Service Desk.

Does somebody know what error message "There are no test IDs in the result." (CRRDG7248W) means? After a long time I had that crazy idea of running a code coverage report, which ended with the before mentioned error message.

The iRPGUnit service program STRINGRU is compiled without any optimization and with debug view *LIST. I added a service entry point to the STRINGRU service program and started the unit test from RDi. Certainly all test procedures have been executed, because they are displayed with a green marker on the RPGUnit result view.

There is a field "Test ID" on the "Code Coverage" tab of the launch configuration of the service entry point, but sadly there is nothing about it in the RDi help.

I have no idea what that message wants to tell me.

While writing this email I did another test in RDi 9.6.0.12. The outcome is a bit different:

1.a) Launch configuration, property "Debug view used for code coverage analysis" = *SOURCE (default setting)

Result: 87%
Additional Information: CRRDG7202W Missing test ID, generated test ID is STRING_2024_03_29_125703_0878 Report, column "Messages": no rows in report at all

1.b) Launch configuration, property "Debug view used for code coverage analysis" = *LIST (changed manually)

Result: 0%
Additional Information: CRRDG7248W There are no test IDs in the result.
Report, column "Messages": Icon "exclamation mark", double-click opens message popup

Test result in Rdi 9.8.0.1:

2.a) Launch configuration, property "Debug view used for code coverage analysis" = *SOURCE (default setting)

Result: 0%
Additional Information: CRRDG7248W There are no test IDs in the result.
Report, Column "Messages": empty

2.b) Launch configuration, property "Debug view used for code coverage analysis" = *SOURCE (default setting)

Result: 0%
Additional Information: CRRDG7248W There are no test IDs in the result.
Report, Column "Messages": empty

So it appears that Code Coverage is broken in RDi 9.8 completely. The Code Coverage editor in 9.8 shows a line "STRING.LISTING" with all "Lines" columns set to "0" and column "Messages" empty.

Thomas.