IMHO - if we choose to ignore messages, we kinda have to be pretty specific.  A file not found in QTEMP is probably not a big deal, assuming the program or something upstream will create it at runtime.  A file not found in your data library is a much bigger deal.

For those using iSphere, there is another (better?) option.  iSphere ships with STRPREPRC, a tool created by Thomas R that allows you to add "pre-compiler" instructions at the top of your source.  These instructions include the compile command, but can also include commands to run before or after the compile.  We use it for things like creating QTEMP objects at compile-time to avoid this particular error message.  Or to set authorities for display files after a successful compile (we open all display files in QTEMP, so users need to be able to CRTDUPOBJ on them).  Lot's of possibilities for sure.

STRPREPRC plays nice with RDi, and it allows you to have a single compile command for any type of object since the create command is in the pre-compiler script.

---- On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 19:23:14 -0700 Mike Hockings <hockings@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote ---

That seems pretty specific. What about a more generic mechanism to specify what messages (by message id, severity, source type, whatever) to exclude from the error list?

Mike
---
Mike Hockings, M.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z and Power Systems Software Technical Support
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
mailto:hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199