Buck, I have development environment commands that run batch processes on
my source (like updating panel groups with refreshed definitions and
content, building internal documentation, and generating SQL template
code). I enhance and fix in a single process so I'm often working with
multiple related members and RDi is *painfully* slow for a one- or two-line
change. My XXM730 command brings the DSPF in SDA, then in SEU, and then
the panel group, and then the RPG, and then the copy books, and then the
binding directory, and then the binding language source, and then the CLLE,
and then the command, and then the command panel group help...and then all
objects are archived before it builds new objects. RDi will be "live
parsing" long after my quick SEU changes are done and the code's compiled.

And not to start another war but my RDi 9.8 on Windows 11 has been a
miserable experience--the compile error level filter refuses to work, for
example; starting with a clone of my Win 10 RDi 9.8 config didn't help
either.. Issues with terrible response (I'm the only one in a decent-sized
partition and an 800 mBPS line) are known so they don't deserve additional
commentary.

I go back to the days of Ammon Pfeffly's 3270 CCP-based source
editor--that's how determined I was to get away from 96-column cards and
8.5" diskettes! Long ago, I wrote to Buell Duncan begging him to throw
resources at CoDe, an imperfect product that was still light-years ahead of
SEU. RDi is light-years ahead of CoDe but SEU remains the Millenium Falcon
of text editors.

We're a long way from sending SEU into the sunset.

Yes, RDi is efficient and effective when digging deep into code for an
extended session.