From: Craig Richards <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sept 2023 at 17:47
Subject: Plug-in changes for RDi 9.8 - Ctrl key Binding.
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I've been struggling to get an old lpex extension plug-in to work with RDi
9.8.

I could see that the plug-in was found but my assigned keystroke was doing
nothing and there were no errors or warnings that I could find.
(I had set up the User Actions correctly)

I have been using ctrl+pagedown and ctrl+pageup since I wrote the plug-in
but now they don't seem to be available.

On a whim, I changed the User Key Actions to alt+pagedown and alt+pageup
and it's all working again.

As far as I can tell it's not due to a duplicate key binding as it doesn't
appear in the log like ctrl+shift+a does.

There is no warning when assigning ctrl+pagedown in the User Key Action
(key c-pageup, correctly gets shown as Ctrl + Page Up)

So, after wasting a lot of time trying to troubleshoot what might be wrong
with my old plugin, it turns out that the plugin was fine, but
something seems to have changed with the ctrl key binding.

I thought it might be worth mentioning in case someone else comes across
the issue.

best regards
Craig