Hi,

I can think of 3 possible ways, to create / extend RSE filters in Rai from „the outside“.

First you should always create a filter with 1 or 2 member of your list using RDi. We will extend this filter with each possible solution.

1. use the iSphere plugins „RYSE Filter Management“ (easy/safe)

Export your created filter to a „Repository“ file - the file ending is „.rseflt“ and its a quite edible XML file, where you can simple add XML-lines with the additional member, using the already existing members as template. Then re-import that filter from the „repository“. Done.

2. use the RDi „File - Export …“ function (intermediate/probably safe)

Export the „Rational Developer for i - Configuration files“ (hopefully it’s called so, my installation is German). The exported file ending is „.cfg“ and it’s a ZIP file. Inside is another ZIP (like a Russian matryoshka puppet) with you system configurations and filters. It takes some time to find yourself home in that, but in fact the filters are INI-like property files, which could also be edited.

3. close RDi and edit the Workspace files directly (intermediate/probably unsafe)

You will find the system and filter configs in „workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.rse.core/profiles/" - the structure is the same, as with solution 2, but not zipped. The filters are defined in the „node.properties“ files in the same way as solution 2.

In any case, you could end messing up your workspace - so it’s a good idea, to have a up-to-date backup of your workspace ready, if needed. It should be enough to create a ZIP of the whole workspace folder, or make a copy of it, before trying any of the 3 solutions.

I would probably stick to solution 1 - because the XML file is pretty straight forward, and you can create the XML-lines needed in EXCEL using CONCAT - that should be easy enough.

HTH and kind regards,
Daniel