Ask for 16Gb of memory, accept 8 if they don't wanna go that high. Storage requirement is negligible. Beyond that we'd have to know what other criteria they need to make any suggestions. As I said even the cheapest of-the-shelf Windows machine has more than enough horsepower to run it - even on a 4Gb machine.

Jon P.

On Oct 21, 2022, at 1:56 PM, l.vanwinckel@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Jon
This is for a customer that does not want us to connect with our pc.
They provide a VM in their network that we should use to maintain their
programs.
So I think in this case these requirements remain relevant, because they
determine how the VM has to be dimensioned.
Kind regards
Liliane

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met HCL Verse

Op 21 okt. 2022 19:25:40, schreef [1]jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

From: [2]jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: [3]wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 21 okt. 2022, 19:25:40
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] system requirements to install RDi

I suspect that IBM gave up updating this information because pretty much any computer that you can buy today (and indeed for the past 5 years plus) that can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux can run RDi.

It is a Java based application and therefore uses more CPU and memory than some other software but 8gb of memory and a CPU build in the last 8 years or so should be enough.

What system are you looking to run it on
?

Jon P