I think I have figured out something about installing iSphere updates in RDi that had been bothering me.
1. On my laptop, which is configured for VPN work into the office, I have installed RDi as myself (without admin authority - because I do not have admin authority)
a. The iSphere updates to RDi go smoothly with no issues.
2. On my office PC I have installed RDi as administrator, so when updating iSphere I need to run RDi with admin authority (which I do have on the office machine), in order to apply the iSphere updates.
a. Because I run RDi daily without admin authority, applying iSphere updates as admin (and perhaps this applies to any plug-in), causes me to have to re-apply other plugins when I start up my normal RDi session.

I'm thinking that with RDi:
1. If you are going to install with admin authority you should run with admin authority
Otherwise
2 Install as a plain-old-user and run as a plain-old-user.

This may have been obvious to others ... or maybe I'm just mistaken ... but it finally registered in my plain-old-brain.

BTW: Thank you again to Thomas Raddatz for creating and sharing such a great tool as iSphere.

Paul