On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 4:32 PM Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That doesn't make a lot of sense Jack. RPG can't include COBOL or vice
versa. So no - there is no package you can install to cure this.

It's the original COBOL description for a file ported from DOS/VSE to IBM i
OPM RPG back around 1999.

That's the documentation I have for the program-described files I'm looking
at.
No external file description, no DDS, no DDL, nor data dictionary was ever
formulated.
It's folklore in the organization, and a lot of the "folk" have retired :)

If it really is trying to /COPY a COBOL source I'm not surprised that RDi
has a fit - although it should handle it more elegantly!

RDi opened it and threw a sort-of-appropriate error. So as a relatively new
RDi user, thought I'd ask on the list if that missing Java class was round
somewhere.

I don't expect it to /COPY it into RPG. I just thought it might show it
prettier if the missing class were around somewhere. Obviously from the
error it knows what it is looking at.