Here is some context of what Jeff Berman experienced with his original
version.
The current version is much more capable.

----- Forwarded by Edmund Reinhardt/Toronto/IBM on 09/30/2021 05:20 PM
-----

From: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
To: "Jeff Berman" <thegonif@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/30/2021 02:41 PM
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Better Object Builder

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I agree that the ability to set TEXT or whatever for each individual target
is very cool!
The dependency scraping is also quite cool but unfortunately I did not
maintain it as it was not an immediate priority for us. Someone getting it
back without breaking things would be cool. I should create an issue for
that.
We have a yum install, we just need to get it into the public repository.
Probably once I finally fix the documentation.
The new multi-directory structure is very flexible.
Basically a makefile gets generated with many directory specific targets
and overrides but it is all transparent to the user (but just a bit slow).
I have met with Help Systems now as well as Liam, I hope we get better
integrated tooling this time around.
Thank you for being on the "bleeding edge" of UTF-8 on IFS.
I have some excellent data returning for both the evfevent files and job
log (with second level help) that can easily be displayed in tooling.

Here is the documentation for the metadata for the project, I have tried to
make it as minimal but flexible as possible.
(See attached file: IBM i Project Metadata (external).docx)