Hi Doug,

This is a new feature in 9.6.0.11.

It's part of our "Lock on startup feature". Even if you don't enable the locking at startup, when we download the member and "lock" the member on the #IBMi we include the new lock icon to let you know it's locked. The "lock" always occurred when you downloaded the QSYS member. Now we let you KNOW it's locked.

To enable the full feature, go into Window -> Preferences and type "Lock" in the "type filter text" to turn on "Lock remote members on Startup". This will restore the locks for any of your editable members at startup.

We chose to not turn ON this feature because the community asked we default this feature off. Although you'll find the startup time isn't really too much longer, and we lock those members you had in edit mode in the past.

I'm featuring each of these new enhancements on LinkedIN. I should be covering this feature later this week.

Hope this helps!

Steve Ferrell
w. www.helpsystems.com
l. www.linkedin.com/in/steve-ferrell-rdi

Recently upgraded to RDi 9.6.0.11 and just noticed that there is a new, at least to me, decorated icon when you edit an RPG source, it shows a "pencil with lock". Has anyone else seen this?

Doug Belcher