Thanks so much - I just don’t know how I could overlook that.

-Daniel

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 16.07.2021 um 21:54 schrieb Tyler, Matt <matt.tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Daniel,
I just looked at the iShere help in version 4.1.0 and it has a section under the 5250 app thers is a section for PDM options that is "Start iSphere Compare/Merge Editor".

-Matt

From: Daniel Gross <daniel@xxxxxxxx>

Thanks, but it's a bit more complicated - so I try do describe.

I have generated a table with a row for each source member on a machine - library, filename, member name, last changed, text and a SHA-512 hash over the members contents.

This table is there for 2 different machines, so I can compare them with a full join, and find members, which have a different hash value, so I know, that these members differ from one machine to the other.

Now from this application, I wanted to launch RDi to make the detailed comparison of these members - which are residing on different machines. It's not a problem to do that from RDi as long as you have a connection to both machines - as you have written in detail, and this also works with two members on two different machines/connections. But it would be so much easier, if my application could trigger this.

In the "good old days" of COE/400 it was very easy with STRCODECMD or a CALL to EVFCFDBK to open a member on the workstation from PDM or any other application.

So I wondered, if this is still possible - but no luck so far.

I have the idea, to write a RDi plugin for that - maybe someone can help me a bit - it would be even enough to trigger the compare dialog with the right values already filled in.

-Daniel