From: "David Gibbs via WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "David Gibbs" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2021/07/07 11:27 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [WDSCI-L] Can't upgrade to RDi 9.6.0.10
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Folks:

I'm running RDi 9.6.0.8 on my Ubuntu 18 laptop. When I try to upgrade
to 9.6.0.10 I get an error.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer in a position where I can open a ticket
with IBM easily.

Here's the error I get:

----------
The following errors were generated while updating.
Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.

Software being installed: IBM Software Delivery Platform
2021.7.7.101634 (IBM Software Delivery Platform com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide
2021.7.7.101634)

Software currently installed: IBM Software Delivery Platform
2020.7.9.150002 (IBM Software Delivery Platform com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide
2020.7.9.150002)

Only one of the following can be installed at once:

IBM i Program Verifiers Feature 9.6.10.v20210127_1435
(com.ibm.etools.iseries.programverifiers.feature.jar
9.6.10.v20210127_1435)

IBM i Program Verifiers Feature 9.6.8.v20200401_1307
(com.ibm.etools.iseries.programverifiers.feature.jar
9.6.8.v20200401_1307)

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: IBM Software Delivery Platform 2020.7.9.150002 (IBM
Software Delivery Platform com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide 2020.7.9.150002)

To: com.ibm.etools.iseries.programverifiers.feature.group
[9.6.8.v20200401_1307]

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: IBM Software Delivery Platform 2021.7.7.101634 (IBM
Software Delivery Platform com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide 2021.7.7.101634)

To: com.ibm.etools.iseries.programverifiers.feature.jar
[9.6.10,9.7.0)

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: IBM i Program Verifiers Feature 9.6.8.v20200401_1307
(com.ibm.etools.iseries.programverifiers.feature.group
9.6.8.v20200401_1307)

To: com.ibm.etools.iseries.programverifiers.feature.jar
[9.6.8.v20200401_1307]
----------

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

david
--
I'm riding in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure to raise
money for diabetes research, education, advocacy, and awareness. You

You can see where my donations come from by visiting my interactive
donation map ...
https://mideml.diabetessucks.net/map
(it's a geeky thing).