Hi Edmund,

As I mentioned before extending the debugger popup menu works, now. So far I added:

* Copy Qualified Name

Copies the qualified job name to the clipboard.

* Job Log Explorer

Starts the job log explorer for the job that stopped at the breapoint

* Work With Spooled Files

Opens the "Work With Spooled Files" view for the job that stopped at the breapoint

These options are really helpful. But there are a few concerns that I hassle with:

a) Package '' com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.*" is not exported and accessing the classes is discouraged.

b) There is no reliable method for retrieving the job name. The only options are calling either "DebuggeeProcess.getAttribute(null)" or "DebuggeeProcess.getLabel()". Both methods are private due to the restricted package access and I have to use a regular expression for retrieving the job name from the string returned.

c) The connection name is completely missing. All I have is the DNS name (or IP address) and the debugger port. Hence the only option I have to find the connection is spinning through all available connections looking for an active connection with a matching IP address.

It was over the top if you clould add the missing pieces to the attribute list of DebuggeProcess (actually IProcess) to ensure reliable information. That would also solve the "discouraged access" problem, because getAttribute(key) is part of the interface IProcess:

1) CONNECTION_NAME

2) QUALIFIED_JOB_NAME

Or instead of 2) three dedicated attributes:

2a) JOB_NAME
2b) JOB_USER
2c) JOB_NUMBER

This is nothing more than a question and of course I know that IBM cannot make money with that. I also know that it cannot be changed right now. But if it is not too hard for you, I may have a chance to refactor my classes to make them reliable and stable.

Regards,

Thomas