Jon,
I was able to replicate the issue you were seeing, and confirmed that Edmund's suggestion to set the file type to "binary" fixes it.


I'm on RDI Version 9.6.0.6

I have a file with CCSID 1252.
The file is located in an IFS folder that is also in an IFS file share.

I see the file has CRLF x'0D0A' through WRKLNK and F10=Display Hex.
I open the file with NotePad++ and I can see the CRLF line endings.

I open the file in RDI through the IFS.
My file was an SQL file so I was using the "SQL and XQuery Editor" option.
I also tried basic text editor.
With those I used the "show whitespace" and I can see the CRLF line endings in RDI.

If I make any change and save the file, RDI still reports the CRLF line endings, but the file on the IFS now has only LF line endings.

With the basic LPEX editor I couldn't see the lined endings even with the setting.
And after I saved it also changed the file to LF line endings.

I use Notepad++ to set the line endings back and try again.
Again, I can see the CRLF in WRKLNK.

Now If I open the file in RDI with the basic text editor (not LPEX), then I can see the CRLF line endings again.
If I then go to the workspace and open that copy in Notepad++ I can also see it has CRLF line endings.

If I go back to RDI and make a change, and save.
The Workspace copy I had opened in Notepad++ gets updated and I can still see the CRLF line endings.

But the file I view using WRKLNK only contains LF.

Seems like the RDI has a conversion issue on the save.
The file type was setup in as text in Preferences>Remote Systems>Files.




Next I tried Edmund's suggestion to set the type to binary.
In Preferences>Remote Systems>Files you can set a file to be binary
I found an extension in the list that was already binary and renamed my file.


Now I repeated my tests from above and found that RDI started preserving the line endings.
I tested using RDI to change the line endings (File>Convert Line Delimiters To) and now the save preserves the chosen line ending.


I found that with the "text" file types RDI is *always* converting the line endings to LF.

As another note, my setting for New text file line delimiter is set to "Windows" in Preferences>General>Workspace.


Chris Hiebert
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:
Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.