I want to let you know that I released iRPGUnit 3.0. This version is a
major update! It merges the best of iRPGUnit and Mihael Schmidt's ILEUNIT.
Here is the list of features we added to the new version:
* XML stream file output, which can be read by Jenkins.
* Added option to upload the RPGUNIT library to a named ASP.
* Added option to cancel unit tests between test suites.
* The spooled file shows runtime error messages, now.
* The spooled file shows the library list and the OS version, now.
* Various bug fixes.
Please notice that version 3.0 is a major update. We changed the names
of the source files for easier maintenance. So in case your unit tests
call internal functions, the prototypes may no longer be found. Using
internal functions of iRPGUnit is not recommended.
Also member TESTCASE has been moved from RPGUNIT1 to QINCLUDE. For now,
iRPGUnit is shipped with a duplicate of TESTCASE in RPGUNIT1. But please
change your test suites over the time to include TESTCASE from QINCLUDE.
It is recommended to read chapter "Upgrading from v2.4.2 to v3.0.0"
before upgrading iRPGUnit:
Actually your existing unit tests should run fine with version 3.0.
Nevertheless you should test that beforehand. Restore library RPGUNIT to
a different name and run your unit tests with that library.
There is a new REXX procedure "A_SELFTEST" in file "QBUILD", which
executes all self-tests of iRPGUnit. You can call it like this:
STRREXPRC SRCMBR(A_SELFTEST) SRCFILE(prdLib/QBUILD) PARM(prdLib)
Here are the links to iRPGUnit on the Internet:
Hope you like it.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.