From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jeff Tickner
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 8:10 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] issue with i project compile in 9.6.0.6

I have a customer where multiple users are reporting different variations on the same problem.

They are going to be using Git for source control for native source so they will be using the i project for editing and compiling.
They have 5 sourcefiles and for some of them they can compile just fine and for others when they try the remote compile nothing happens.
In the eclipse log we see:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2019-07-25 16:12:22.190 !MESSAGE The command ("com.ibm.etools.iseries.projects.iproject.compile") is undefined !STACK 0 java.lang.Exception
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ExternalActionManager$CommandCallback.isActive(ExternalActionManager.java:364)

the whole stack trace is below.
I have never seen this and I’m not getting any results googling the error.

So while troubleshooting this issue I had this user try -clean and a fresh eclipse workspace.
I checked that the ibmi .properties files had loaded correctly.
When we tried the new eclipse workspace to take Git out of the equation I had him create a new i project and used the RSE option 'import to i project’ and got the same result.

I had another user try to reproduce this and they had the same error but they had it work with different sourcefiles.
First user: QCLSRC – Yes QCMDSRC – No QDDSSRC – No QLBLSRC – No QSQLSRC – Yes
Second user: QCLSRC – Yes QCMDSRC – Yes QDDSSRC – No QLBLSRC – Yes QSQLSRC – Yes

I was recommending an uninstall and re-install but this morning the first user created a brand new Cobol in QLBLSRC and it compiled fine while all the existing source will not.
In the full stack trace below I also included an error that occurred 25 seconds earlier which seems to be unrelated based on timing so you can probably ignore that first error.
I also replaced a valid library name with [library name] for privacy.

Thanks for any help
Jeff

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.iseries.reconciler 4 0 2019-07-25 16:11:57.548 !MESSAGE File QSDASRC in library [library name] not found.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.rse.services.clientserver.messages.SystemMessageException: File QSDASRC in library [library name] not found.
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.api.IBMiConnection.internalResolveList(IBMiConnection.java:495)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.api.IBMiConnection.listMembers(IBMiConnection.java:788)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.api.IBMiConnection.getMember(IBMiConnection.java:953)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.api.IBMiConnection.getMember(IBMiConnection.java:945)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.objects.QSYSObjectSubSystem.getObjectWithAbsoluteName(QSYSObjectSubSystem.java:1003)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.reconciler.internal.model.QSYSRemoteProjectManager.getRemoteObjectForResource(QSYSRemoteProjectManager.java:442)
at com.ibm.etools.systems.projects.core.model.AbstractRemoteProjectManager.getRemoteObjectForResource(AbstractRemoteProjectManager.java:2272)
at com.ibm.etools.systems.projects.core.model.AbstractRemoteProjectManager.getRemoteObjectForResource(AbstractRemoteProjectManager.java:2266)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.reconciler.internal.model.QSYSRemoteProjectManager.markAsMerged(QSYSRemoteProjectManager.java:676)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.perspective.rse.actions.RSEMakeOfflineAction.markAsMerged(RSEMakeOfflineAction.java:435)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.perspective.rse.actions.RSEMakeOfflineAction.markAsMerged(RSEMakeOfflineAction.java:442)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.perspective.rse.actions.RSEMakeOfflineAction.access$0(RSEMakeOfflineAction.java:429)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.perspective.rse.actions.RSEMakeOfflineAction$2.run(RSEMakeOfflineAction.java:475)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2019-07-25 16:12:22.190 !MESSAGE The command ("com.ibm.etools.iseries.projects.iproject.compile") is undefined !STACK 0 java.lang.Exception
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ExternalActionManager$CommandCallback.isActive(ExternalActionManager.java:364)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.isCommandActive(ActionContributionItem.java:626)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.isVisible(ActionContributionItem.java:682)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.isChildVisible(MenuManager.java:982)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.isVisible(MenuManager.java:563)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.isChildVisible(MenuManager.java:982)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.update(MenuManager.java:752)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:472)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$1(MenuManager.java:465)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager.java:497)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:256)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1103)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1084)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_INITMENUPOPUP(Control.java:5160)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4828)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:359)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1656)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2199)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:5110)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.TrackPopupMenu(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu._setVisible(Menu.java:262)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPopups(Display.java:4277)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3818)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:90)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)
--
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,