I concur that RDI is very powerful tool, that I cannot imagine doing my job without it! Concur! Bravo!

RDI LPEX seems to works PERFECTLY in Monolith Code (Punch-Card/Free-format).

But, it also has problems working in Procedures and/or inside of function.

* Hover in debug does not work in procedures. (Hit & miss)

* If one program call another program, then the "SECOND" program in the stack, the hoover works in Debug! That has confounded me.

* Code-Assist does not always work inside of procedure or nested functions.

* When using debug, I CANNOT change a "varchar" variable. But, works on Green Screen. Cannot change a variable in Debug? That is CRAZY to me. Oh well. Back to green screen debug, because it ALWAYS works without failure.

* Code-Assist also seems to have problem when putting if statement starting with Parentheses. That seems to turn off Code-Assist. OH well...
NOTE: it expects two parentheses, and then Code-Assist works. Wow! Good to know! I guess always add the parentheses last, so code assist works. <smirk> That is different from Microsoft Intellisense.

Yup, most reported.

I cannot double-click a variable to select in the debug editor. Who knew double-clicking to select a word would be "rocket-Science".
I assume it is because it expects variables to begin in Punch-Card column-8, instead of column-one. Yup reported! It still thinks I am using a Punch-Card Code from the 1960's! <LOL> So much for being 100% compatible with **free. <grin>

I am looking forward to these Items being fixed. I think some of them have APARS, but not fixed yet... Oh well...

When those FEATURES works! They are AWESOME! But, still not fully 100% supported in Modern coding practices.

PS. I love the new feature of zoom in/out of code. (Bad eye-sight) And the New Text message telling me what subroutine/Procedure I am currently editing! That is AWESOME!

Still so much better than SEU! <Joy Joy>

My co-workers keep asking me: Why doesn't this "blah blah..." work in RDI. I always tell them they have to ask IBM. I tell them to open a case with IBM. They say they will wait until the next release. I tell them that our users report errors, so that we can fix them. So, report errors to IBM so that they can also fixed them. We ask our users for details on the error. And IBM supports also asks for details! <thumps up!> I understand that!
I get the "It is IBM, it supposed to work already..." Gee, I say, don't they have "Humans" working at IBM... <Big Grin>

My problem is determine what is the "Trigger" that causes some of this stuff not to work. While still trying to get my employer's work done.

On the opposite site, a few IBM i Developers do Not know how to navigate windows. <LOL> <Shock> D'uh, mostly the Punch-Card-Hold-Outs/Seu-Lovers.
I still use seu, although very rarely. I always end up going back RDi.

-Ken Killian-