Correction. The key is Alt+Shift+A (Toggle Block Selection).

It actually works in RDP 9.6 if you create a new Text File (Other >> General >> Unititled Text File). Then add a few lines of text, then go to the first line. Then hit Alt+Shift+A. Your cursor will turn into a "+" plus sign.

From there you can hold SHIFT and press the down arrow (or use your mouse to select multiple lines). Then start typing. You will notice as you are typing the thing you are typing is being applied to all rows at the same time.

Except that this doesn't work when it's a .CLP file (as I think it opens a different kind of editor than what a text file in eclipse uses).

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:31 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How to do block selection in RDP 9.6

Hi Matt

Ctrl-Shift-A has "normally" never done that to my knowledge in WDSC or RDP or RDI - it is usually set up to do "Open Member in Editor", although there is another action that RDi gets from Eclipse that sometimes is there when I update.

I wonder if the action you describe is something you added yourself once upon a time - as I say, I've never seen it to this action all these years.

Regards
Vern