From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 12:02 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.4.0.6 Code assist errors with parentheses

Arco,

Thanks!

My company laptop has Symantec endpoint 14.0.

I cleared my cache, restart it with "-clean". Then reboot rdi.

Then re-open my member source. Re-compiled. Closed out-line view. And manually rebuilt outline view.

And it still does NOT work for me. Oh well..

I wonder what is different?

I have notice if I completely type my data structure name. Then yes, code-Assist does work in parentheses! WooHoo!

But, normally, I get code-assist on the data-structure name too. Like this:

https://imgur.com/a/poafXGJ

So, I get "HALF" code-assist in the parentheses in "IF-Statements" & "functions"... Oh well... Live & learn the limitations of RDI. Does not work in all circumstances for Code Assist.

I just hope that one day, RDI catches up to Visual Studio in Code-Assist technology.

Oh well, drives me crazy... Just keep trucking on... :)

Get code assist without the parentheses, and then edit my code to add "IF" or "FUNCTON" after code-assistance. Another work around for little limitations inside of RDI. Oh well. Microsoft Visually Studio does not have that limitation. But, they have many more years of experience with IDE. Eventually, IBM will catch up! :)

-Ken Killian-