Ah, for Linux (and Mac) I HIGHLY recommend doing a user install rather than
an admin install because making sure that IM is started as root to
correctly apply licenses and stuff can be inconvenient. Failure to run IM
as root can lead to permissions issues in the IM repository that will cause
licensing problems

So in your case I would suggest removing RDI (and anything else) using IM
then uninstall IM itself

To re-install go into ...\disk1\InstallerImage_linux_gtk_x86_64 and run the
userinst script (or similar for the stand-alone IM installer). This
should result in a "My IBM Installation Manager" that you will used to
apply licenses and manage your installs that is run just by your userid and
does not require elevation (being run by root) to administer licenses, etc.

Hopefully this makes some sense to you.

Mike

Mike Hockings, M.Eng., P.Eng.
DevOps for Enterprise
IBM Developer for z Systems and Power Systems Software Technical Support
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199