From: "Brian Parkins" <goodprophet.bp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/06/2018 02:02 AM
Subject: Newsletter / Marketing: [WDSCI-L] RDi RFE 121114
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

For anyone who might be interested, I have added the following RFE for RDi:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=121114

The Description reads,
"The Remote Scratchpad view in RDi is proving to be exceptionally useful
when handling a number of different objects and source members at one
time. (Ref. Charles Guarino's YouTube video here:
https://youtu.be/gVnH5rgpSu8)
The Scratchpad allows for simpler navigation than Object Table selection
and Remote Explorer filtering when the items have unrelated names and
reside in different libraries or source files.
However, one shortcoming of the Scratchpad is the lack of key actions in
the item context menu. In particular, it would be very helpful to have:
- Verify
- Compile
- Compile (Prompt)
- User Actions
listed as appropriate in the context menu for a source member. (To
achieve these actions requires navigation back to other views, or having
the source open in an active edit session.)"

Not a showstopper, just a "nice to have". If you're as keen as me to see
this implemented, please cast your vote at the above link.

Brian.