Finally, with respect to the spooled file issues I am having, I can save
spool files to text, HTML, and PDF. But Open fails with a
java.lang.NullPointerException. No error log for this.

I do have the iSphereSpooledFiles project. I deleted and recreated it. My
workspace is stored on the IFS if that matters.