Justin,

I have been using RPG-UNIT for about 1-year. Still learning it...

But, you might want to check your preferences for RPG-UNIT.

I have this for my preferences:
Run order..........................: *API
Library List.......................: *CURRENT
Reclaim resources..................: *NO
Product library....................: RPGUNIT
Check Test Suite Service Program...: *NONE <-- I do not use the naming standard
Enforce new connection (Check-box is CHECKED)
Position editor to line of assertion(source must be compiled with option *SRCSTMT)

I usually put an S.E.P on my RPG-UNIT test case program. And it pops up in debug. When I check the properties on the job, I can see what job it "spawned off". In my example it did this job: Process ID 094249/QUSER/QZRCSRVS

Then I can do the WRKJOB Process ID 094249/QUSER/QZRCSRVS to look at the job-log. To see what the problem.

For me, it is usually my library list is wrong, or I am missing a program in my test environment.

Often, I discover that I have record-lock, or one our data-queues is overloaded. It is NOT monitor regularly on our test system.

I learn a lot by looking at the job log.

So, I recommend looking at the job log for a start of your issues. I often do the Green Screen RPGUNIT command: RUCALLTST. And see it works that way. And then I debug it in RDI and check why it does not run inside of RDI. For me, it is usually the setup of the library-list.

My library-list ISSUES have almost been 100% eliminated. I have my user profile use a job-description for my library-list. So, my Green Screen and RDI session use the exact same library-list! To me that is the way to do it!

Best of luck to you! See what the job log shows you...

Oh yeah, don't forget to check the error log too!
Alt+Shift+Q, and then "L"=Log

-Ken Killian-