On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 1:53 PM, Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are many little updates you have to do for nice "Dark-Theme".

For a start only, Here is how you get the LPEX edit to be DARK:

1.) >Window>Preferences>LPEX Editor>Appearance
* Choose Palette "Black"
* change the background color to black for each one.
Except for the cursor! <Hint Hint>

https://imgur.com/a/RlIcQ

How long ago did you have to adjust the background color for each
element? I just trial-installed 9.6.0.1 and you'll be glad to know
that the black palette LPEX defaults were quite reasonable as-is.

I had to do some other changes too...

I had to change General Appearance & annotations & some other colors.

Have you been able to fix the find-replace dialog which overlays the
bottom of LPEX? The options are practically invisible in Dark theme.

Or do you never change those options so it doesn't matter? Or do you
use some other search facility? (iSphere maybe?)

I wish I could export & share. It is not perfect, I am still adjusting...

Well, there may not be uploadable themes (yet), but you can still
share your settings in "longhand" form by writing them out in words in
a blog post or GitHub repo or wiki or something. And then you can
update it as you continue to tweak your environment.

Yeah, it would be a little tedious for you to write it out, and for
other users to manually adjust their settings according to your
instructions, but it would still be better to have them all in one
place than for everyone (including possibly yourself!) to have to keep
rediscovering them all, over and over again.

John Y.