Just found an older post regarding the same issue:

https://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/201612/msg00101.html

Regards,
-Arco

Hi Kevin,

That are interesting news, because the iSphere Spooled File Search uses
SQL to read the list of spooled files from file [ISPHERE_LIBRARY]/SPLF.
When I add a breakpoint to the statement where the JDBC connection field is
first used and set that variable to null, I get the "%1" result! Sadly I
cannot investigate the problem with a true Kerberos connection, because I
have no environment using Kerberos at my hands.

So it could be, that the following Java statement does not return a JDBC
connection usuable with Kerberos:

jdbcConnection = IBMiConnection.getConnection(
getHost()).getJDBCConnection(null, false);

The complete code block looks like this:

public Connection getToolboxJDBCConnection() {
Connection jdbcConnection = null;
try {
jdbcConnection = IBMiConnection.getConnection(
getHost()).getJDBCConnection(null, false);
} catch (SQLException e) {
}
return jdbcConnection;
}

Your error log does not contain any iSphere related messages except for
that iSphere could not connect to the update server (SourceForge).

Regards,

Thomas.

This thread ...