Found some details in the log.

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.iseries.projects 4 0 2017-11-27 21:38:11.942
!MESSAGE Exception while autosaving
!STACK 0
java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:201)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Semaphore.acquire(Semaphore.java:39)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.JobManager.join(JobManager.java:909)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.InternalJob.join(InternalJob.java:341)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.jobs.Job.join(Job.java:524)
at
com.ibm.etools.systems.editor.internal.SystemAutosaveController$AutosaveThread.run(SystemAutosaveController.java:157)
!SESSION 2017-11-27 21:42:41.938
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.8.0 IBM J9 2.8 Windows 10 amd64-64 Compressed
References 20170722_357405 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R28_20170722_0201_B357405
JIT - tr.r14.java_20170722_357405
GC - R28_20170722_0201_B357405_CMPRSS
J9CL - 20170722_357405
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.product.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product
com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.product.ide

I have not used snippets much in the past, but just thought to give it a
try in my new 9.6 workspace.
So I created a test snippet, and tried to insert that in my RPGLE source
(existing in iProject) by rightclicking on the snippet.
Then I got the eggtimer and the statusbar in the lower right corner of my
workspace is saying "Remote Systems LPEX Editor Autosave: (0%)" for about a
quarter now.
Anyone experiencing something similar?

Regards,
-Arco