From: Ken Killian
Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2017 5:01 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Clientfor System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.5.1.2 double-click monitor express does not work with **free format.

Brian,

You are correct, my statements were overly harsh, but double-clicking works in NotePad, Notepad++, Word, Visual Studio, Eclipse, LPEX but not in RDI 9.5.1.2 debug editor using the **free format starting in column one, like other languages. <frown>

But, that Double-Click for the Debug-Editor can be set here:

window > preference > Run/Debug > Compiled Debug > Debug Editors

Activate the check box for "Double-click in Debugger Editor to add monitored expression"

So, using RDI 9.5.1.2 to select embedded SQL, I can select the SQL Statements. And then do > Edit > source > Launch SQL Scripts...

I want to change a Word in the SQL Statement. I usually double-click to select and then overwrite it. Instead, IBM runs selects the word, and then immediately select the whole SQL Statement and proceeds to EXECUTE IT! WTF???

At least in IBM Data-Studio, it has F5=Run (Run Selected) SQL Script, like Visual Studio! Cool! And I have the option to re-map the shortcut-key too!!!
<Joy Joy> So, using IBM Data-Studio, I can Double-Click to select a word! <Big Smile>

I guess some out there *might* like to be able to double-click to run the entire sql statement. I do NOT like it at all. It is very inconsistent!

Please Advise how I turn off that STUPID option to run the entire SQL statement on a double-click, which should select a word! NOT RUN the whole Statement!
<disappointment>

Strange in the ACS 5250 Emulator you can double-click a word in select it. But, not in ACS Run SQL Scripts? Where is the consistency?

So in LPEX you can double-click to select a word. But not in the Debug Editor in columns 1-5? Where is the consistency? I guess they HARD-CODED it for the 1950's Punch-Card format... <Frown>

-Ken Killian-