I have what seems like an odd issue/situation, and I'm not sure what is
causing it or what to look at.

I have a program written by someone else that I was essentially
rewriting/updating going from fixed to Free format. The program is built
into our ERP so it ends up getting called by the ERP and runs in batch
under a user ID that is not mine. I set up a Service Entry Point under
that user ID, but it would not stop the program (my new one) in debug.
After a bunch of testing and trying to figure out if I had the right
username I ended up going back to the original program, and that would
stop for the Service Entry Point. So I added some free code in it, and it
still worked. I then changed one line of code in the main C specs to free
form (a call subroutine), and it stopped working again. So I changed that
line back to fixed format and it still would not go into debug. So, I
then went back to the original program and recompiled under a new program
name and that new version worked again. Again I changed that call
subroutine and it stopped loading in debug.

Note: The program is running and running under the user ID I'm doing the
Entry Point for. I know this because I have another Service Entry Point
on a CL utility program that the main program calls, that always stops in
debug for me and checks what user is running the program.

I also tried adding CTL-opt DEBUG(*YES); when the program wouldn't run in
debug anymore, however that made no difference.

What am I missing?