-----Original Message----- From: Roger Harman
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:08 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client forSystem i & iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Printing Multiple Source Members

On the rare occasion that I print a source member, I really prefer the RDi output. I've been searching for a way to print multiple members but have had no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do this, Roger.

The existing Print capability seems to apply only to individual members opened in the LPEX editor. I agree, it would be _really_ handy to have the Print function in the context menus of Remote Systems, iProjects Navigator and Object Table views. This would enable multiple source members to be printed. (Like option 6). in PDM.) Perhaps an RFE item - if there's enough demand? Or maybe Thomas might include within the iSphere tooling?

I can understand it would be tricky to (locally) Print source that only exists on the (remote) server, (i.e. not open within LPEX). The source would have to be downloaded - just to print it. Perhaps too much of an overhead. However, in the case of iProjects, the source is already held locally, so no reason a multi-member print couldn't work.

I have "fudged" this myself by creating a User Action in Remote Systems:

PM - STRSEU SRCFILE(&L/&F) SRCMBR(&N) OPTION(6)

This at least allows multiple members to be printed, (on the server). Using the iSphere Spooled Files plug-in (or the ACS Printer Output function) you can at least get the resulting printout down to the PC in text or PDF format. But the hardcopy is not as "nice" as the Print capability in LPEX, (i.e. font, colourising and format.)

Hope this helps.
Brian.