Hi Edmund,

iProjects are used extensively here. For me it is THE place where I do my
backend RPG and CL programming, nada in SEU, and very few through Remote
Systems Explorer.
We coupled iProjects to our Subversion server where al our other
development source repositories live.
Every developer (we only have 2 :-)) checks out the sources as iProject in
his workspace, and pushes it to his own environment.
Yes, pushing sources for every recompile/build is a bit cumbersome, but we
got used to it and most of the time I don't care that much about the extra
steps.
What I'm really missing is the ability to have more libraries in an
iProject.

Until now I haven't found the time to explore what value Git on i can add
regarding iProjects. Migrating from SVN to Git would be possible, if the
use case is strong enough.

As a sidenote, I would be very willing to convert our sources (without the
library/srcfile/member structure) to a flat filesystem as the IFS, if only
the
Display Module Information would be made available for objects compiled
from IFS source. At this moment there is still no object-level parity
between the IFS and traditional source compilation proces. There is an
outstanding RFE for this:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=89045

Best regards,
Arco Simonse

As RDi architect, I want to make sure that I don't get out of touch with
your experience in using RDi in the trenches.
For example, I might think that i Projects are a perfect way for people to
be able to use Git on IBM i and maybe I am missing some reason why people
are not adopting i Projects.
So please set me straight.
Who is using i Projects and if so how do you like it?
If you have tried i Projects and abandoned them, let me know why?

I am very thankful to have access to such a vocal group of customers that I
can get unfiltered, immediate feedback from.

Thanks
Edmund