We currently use a "fly by the seat of your pants" method of checking out
source code in this shop. (And to avoid that whole debate, please know
that we are currently investigating CMS options.) Here's what we do:
1) Find source code in production library using WRKMBRPDM
2) Copy it to our personal development library
3) Append our initials to the source member type in the production library;
this notifies others that someone has checked out the source.
4) Modify the source in our personal dev library, test, QA, etc.
5) "Promote" modified source back to production library. (Original source
name is renamed, appending '.nn' to it, where nn is a sequence number.)
The problem is when I want to browse the unmodified original source while
modifying the source in my library, the LPEX editor will not recognize
RPGLE_SPJ as an RPGLE source type. Is there a way to force it to do that
so I can get the outline and the editor highlighting?
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list
To post a message email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.