Just did that, thank you. Still shows local help. At least I assume that
http://127.0.0.1/49984/help is local.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Maha Masri <masri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To use the remote help, you should add and enable the entry:
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_9.5.0
This entry should also remain enabled:
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73

Thanks,

____________________________
Maha Masri
Rational Developer for i - Rational Developer for AIX and Linux - Rational
Developer for Power

From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/04/2017 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi help - local vs remote
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Remote help is NOT disabled.

It is set to: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73

I do not see how to disable local help. There is nothing in this window
(Window/Preferences/Help/Content) that refers to anything other than
remote
help.

So how do I remove/disable local help?

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Maha Masri <masri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To know if you are using local help, you need to check if the remote help
is disabled.

As James previously described:
For 9.5.x, if you have installed local help following these
instructions:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_9.5.0/
com.ibm.etools.iseries.install.doc/topics/t_install_doc_local.html

and in Windows > Preferences > Help > Content
you have disabled the entry for 'Name: IBM Rational Developer for i
then the RDi help comes from the local help system.

I don't think you would be having this help issue if you are actually
using
local help.

Thanks,