Ken,

I have experienced the issue where RDi will not save (Ctrl-S). I manually
copy/paste my source from RDi into Notepad, re-start RDi, then copy the
changes back from Notepad.

On another occasion, one of the developers here spent several hours making
changes to a source member, when his PC crashed un-expectedly. Who knows
why it crashed; these things happen. However, he did not do a <ctrl-s> to
save his source, so all his changes were lost. He did not get the normal
prompt to recover his changes at RDi startup. Never would have happened
in SEU, because the changes are always retained, even when the
green-screen app fails. I submitted an RFE to IBM requesting that RDi be
changed to save source to the IBM Power i at regular intervals. It can be
viewed by the public at:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=71090

The RFE was "Declined". Here is the help text behind "Declined":

"Declined: IBM has evaluated the request, and has determined that it can
not be implemented at this time or does not align with the current
multi-year strategy. This request may be resubmitted for consideration
after 12 months from the date of decline. The request submitter will
automatically be notified by email when the request qualifies for
reconsideration and resubmission."

Kinda felt like I was told "shut up and sit down" after requesting simple
functionality that should have been in RDi from the beginning.

Since I never received an email stating that it "qualifies for
reconsideration and resubmission", I presume it was a hard "NO!!!".

b.t.w. - Thanks for your persistence in pushing for improvements to RDi.
It has some awesome features that blow SEU away. You are not the only
programmer having issues with RDi. Please keep up your efforts on behalf
of us programmers who gave up after our efforts (it takes time to craft an
RFE) were shut down with a simple "Declined". You are our [un-official]
advocate for RDi improvements.

Stephen West
Lead Software Engineer
Stillwater Insurance Group
12500 I Street, Suite 100 Omaha, NE 68137
W: (402)599-8325 | C(402)659-0452
Stephen.West@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx