But once I had the CL program in debug, I couldn't see variable values unless I added a monitor statement for each one... am I still missing something?

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Hockings
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 9:16 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Debug a CL program

"I wish somehow they could get Set Service Entry points to work with OPM language,"

It is an IBM i limitation. SEPs require a larger program header that OPM programs do not have. You can write a wee CLLE launcher that calls your CLP then set a SEP in that. Or I guess you could investigate to see if using STRRSESVR would satisfy your debugging desires...

Mike

Mike Hockings, M.Eng., P.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z and Power Systems Software Technical Support IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory hockings@xxxxxxxxxx