Greg,

The only thing we can be sure for is, that we should never say "never". Though I do not believe, that the problem is related to iSphere. I would rather assume that the "CHGPFM FILE(...) MBR(...) TEXT(...)" command is not correctly triggered, sometimes or that there is a lock on the member preventing the text from being changed.

I know, that the following idea creates a lot of data, but maybe it is worth a try. If the problems happens often enough, you may start journaling for the source file and check the journal for code "F" entries of type "CB". That will tell you the program and time, a CHGPFM command has been executed to change the member.

Example (entry data):

Object . . . . . . . : QRPGLESRC Library . . . . . . : ISPHEREDVP
Member . . . . . . . : DEMO1X
Incomplete data . . : No Minimized entry data : *NONE
Sequence . . . . . . : 22824262
Code . . . . . . . . : F - Database file member operation
Type . . . . . . . . : CB - Physical file member changed

Entry specific data
Column *...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5
00001 'QRPGLESRC ISPHEREDVPDEMO1X '
00051 ' µ - µ - 00 1161111'
00101 '073859 A PF 1~0 B '
00151 '¹Ó CHGPFM FILE(ISPHEREDVP/QRPGLESRC) MBR(DE'
00201 'MO1X) TEXT('Demo of iSphere Source File Search API'
00251 ' (x)')'

Example (entry details):

Journal . . . . . . : JRN Library . . . . . . : RADDATZ

Sequence . . . . . . : 22824262
Code . . . . . . . . : F - Database file member operation
Type . . . . . . . . : CB - Physical file member changed

Object . . . . . . . : QRPGLESRC
Library . . . . . : ISPHEREDVP
Member . . . . . . : DEMO1X
Type . . . . . . . : *QDDS
Date . . . . . . . . : 11.11.16
Time . . . . . . . . : 07:39:07,253808
Flag . . . . . . . . : 0
Count/RRN . . . . . : 0
Commit cycle ID . . : 0
Nested commit level : 0
Job . . . . . . . . : 513564/QUSER/QZRCSRVS
User profile . . . . : RADDATZ
Ignore APY/RMV . . . : No
Ref constraint . . . : No
Trigger . . . . . . : No
Program . . . . . . : QZRCSRVS
Library . . . . . : *OMITTED
ASP device . . . . : *OMITTED
System sequence . . : 0
Thread identifier . : *OMITTED
Receiver . . . . . . : JRN0952
Library . . . . . : RADDATZ
ASP device . . . . : *SYSBAS
Journal identifier . : X'59F0001BC212DAEE2631'

I have a DLTOLDJRNR command that deletes journal receivers older than a given number of days and that I gladly share with you.

Delete old Journal Receiver (DLTOLDJRNR)

Type choices, press Enter.

Journal . . . . . . . . . . . . Name
Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Detach curr. journal reveicer . *NO *NO, *YES
Save option . . . . . . . . . . *SAVEDONLY *SAVEDONLY, *ALL
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . *NONE *NONE, *IGNINQMSG...
+ for more values
Age (days) . . . . . . . . . . . Number

You could periodically call it from the job scheduler to delete old journals.

Thomas.