CGIDEV2 is an ideal tool for this - Paul Tuohy has written a few articles on starting out with this - they should be on the site at http://www.easy400.net

I think Jon Paris has also put some things together.

That site has examples, too.

Asa for the RPG part, CGIDEV2 has a SRVPGM CGISRVPGM2 that has all the functionality.

Henrik Ritzou has written powerExt, which originally was based on CGIDEV2 - information at http://www.powerext.com/

Jon & Susan have a blog article about this and more open source stuff at http://ibmsystemsmag.com/Blogs/iDevelop/Archive/open-source-and-i-not-an-oxymoron/

CGIDEV2 (and powerExt, I believe) both have the idea of externalizing content of web pages into "sections", which are like record formats in display files. You don't need to push every character of a web page out to the server, you can have your CSS and other references in a template file. Very cool!

HTH
Vern