On 10/7/2016 4:31 PM,
MichaelLange@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So ran into an issue with RDI.
It was working since I installed it and then somehow I lost the outline
view, not sure what happened.

Resetting the perspective might help, but that's after you get RDi to
load again.

Last week I opened a new RDI IDE window and there was the outline view,
great I thought, so I closed the original window, bad move.
Once I closed the second window and tried to open it again from the short
cut it failed by not opening at all.
I haven't been able to open RDI since then.

You may be better off to call in a support ticket if RDi falls over
during startup. That's usually really abnormal.

Today I uninstalled it via IBM installation manager and proceeded to
reinstall and apply licence, no luck.
In the splash screen it flashes through a bunch of steps and when it hits
'org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme' it quits.

The splash screen for RDi?

I looked into this folder c:\Program File\IBM\SDP\configuration
\org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme and it was empty.

My working 9.5.1.0 has that empty too.

Not sure where I go now.

I'd put in a support ticket. They'll almost certainly want to see your
log file, which is in your workspace. I keep my workspace in my
directory, so for me it's

c:\buck\rdi9510\.metadata\.log

Yes, those dots are really part of the path / file names.

If you want to try something before calling it in, try Run As
Administrator. Either for starting RDi, or in case you want to try
reinstalling it; start IM as Administrator. I put my RDi in a regular
directory on the C: drive. I don't let IM put it inside Program Files.
That's where the need for Run As Administrator comes from. :-(