Thanks for the clarification, I've never had a need to interface/integrate anything with SQL Server but fwiw the database perspective uses jdbc via jt400. Maybe I just haven't had that large of a dataset but you can use export all rows to excel and that has done the trick for me. If I ever have the opportunity I may give Quantum a shot, unfortunately "free time" is after hours and since I finally have some after hours I spend that time with the wife ;)

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Johnson
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 7:54 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] List of "need to get" plug ins for RDi

Why Quantum... (at least for me)

Several years ago, I had the need to run SQL and export large datasets to Excel. I tried many plug-ins and none could handle the large datasets. I came across Quantum and it was able to handle the large datasets and export them to Excel. At some point I did try the Database Perspective and it could not handle the datasets either.

To me another good thing about Quantum is that it is quick and dirty. Type in an SQL, click run, get results. If you are a fan of intellisense this is not for you. Oh and you can pretty much connect to any DB with a JDBC driver. Which came in handy when I needed to hit the MS SQL server.

Over the years I have tried different plug-ins that handle SQL and none really caught my fancy.
I tried the recent incarnation of the Database perspective and went back to Quantum. I am just not a fan of how they arrange the Views.
I am keeping an eye Access Client Solutions Run SQL. If this could be fully integrated into RDi...

Thanks,
Scott Johnson