Excellent!

On 5/24/2016 12:06 PM, Vicki Wilson wrote:
Thanks Vern and Eric :)

Found the column sensitive editing and turned off. Solved the problems!

Thanks.
Vicki

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Mon, 23 May 2016 12:38:15 -0500
from: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Any change to RDI settings to edit **FREE
totally free

Vicki - have you turned off column-sensitive editing? When it is on, inserts apply only within the fixed-format columns - as described here in the help -

Enabling columnsensitiveediting will limit insertion and deletion to the columns specified for the language.

I don't know the effect in free-form - and I find that sometimes things
seem to work like column-sensitive editing is on, anyhow, or in some
other unrepeatable way.

I have turned this off and manage things with turning Insert on or off,
generally speaking.

Go to Window->Preferences->Remote Systems->Remote Systems LPEX Editor
and click on "Column sensitive editing" checkbox.

Vern