%subst(confld:6:5) = fld2;
*inlr = *on;

Charles

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We have a lot of code that uses a combination of MOVE and MOVEL to do
rudimentary concatenation. I purchased Linoma at a previous employer and
loved it but I don't recall if/how it handled those cases. Maybe I just
never got bitten by it.

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

From: WDSCI-L <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Duane Scott <
dscott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:50 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Conversion to free-form

I've heard that argument before, and I'm not sure I can come up with
examples that couldn't be configured. I accept that there are non-simple
MOVEs, but not sure that they couldn't be transformed into an eval
statement, even MOVES from numeric to string fields or versa-vice.

Maybe I should check the boards before raising this issue. Sorry. Any
question as to which list it should be in?

Duane