On 4/11/2016 1:59 PM, Edmund Reinhardt wrote:

i) When they edit code with numeric indicators they would like to see
- all of the uses of the same indicator whether it is reference by number
or name
We could show the following in the indicators section - all pre-defined
indicators sorted alphabetically and all aliases shown on the line that is
referencing it
- Indicators
- 01
3 - invokeHelp
6 - *IN(01)
8 - *IN01
9 - invokeHelp
-03
4 - exitNow

It's not possible for the outline view to show the "invokeHelp" and "exitNow" aliasing for *IN01 and *IN03.

The only way a data structure can share the same storage as *IN is if the DS is based on a pointer, and that pointer is set to %ADDR(*IN). But the compiler only supports a variable as the parameter for the BASED keyword. You have to code like the following to have a data structure share the same storage as *IN.

dcl-ds myInds based(p);
invokeHelp pos(1);
exitNow ind pos(3);
end-ds;
dcl-s p pointer inz(%addr(*in));

So there's no way for the outline view to know that the data structure overlays *IN.