From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 12:15 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Fw: Setting the push-to-client on 9.5

Matt, we retest in house by following the instructions in the documentation as found here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_9.1.1/com.ibm.etools.ptc.rdi.doc/topics/change_dest_path.html?lang=en

and it all worked fine.

HTH
Edmund

: "Tyler, Matt" <matt.tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17/02/2016 03:10 PM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Setting the push-to-client on 9.5
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I just upgraded to 9.5.0.2 and I thought I would try the push to client feature again.

I had asked how to override the default destination path to this feature and this was the instructions given to do that; http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/201501/msg00064.html. I did try the suggestion and got it to work (I am certain I did). But now on 9.5 and even on 9.1.1.1 I cannot seem to get the environment variable to override the destination path. I remember seeing the override replace the default
in the dialog box that appears. So I thought maybe it's just not going to
show my override value and it will place where I want, so I ran the export and the config file landed in the default location.

So I thought I would see if the environment variable had actually been created. In the "Commands Log" I see a message indicating the environment variable 'QRDICONFIGFOLDER' has been set when my start up program ran. So the only two ways I know of see environment variable details is via WRKENVVAR and 'set' command in the shells. Since WRKENVVAR only does interactive that is out of the question for RDi. So I open a shell view and run the 'set' command. I get back a bunch of stuff but not 'QRDICONFIGFOLDER'.

I also thought there was an environment variable input property sheet on the connection properties but it's not there its' on the IFS subsystem properties. If I set an environment variable using the properties page from the IFS subsystem then I can see it appear in the shell 'set' command
results. However, the push-to-client export configuration still does not
show that it sees this override.

So what am I missing something? Have any others been able to override the default destination path? Where can I see environment variables set for my RDi session from the start up program and/or commands log?

Thanks,
Matt