From: "Koester, Michael" <mkoester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/02/2016 03:52 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] No outline for one sqlrpgle source in RDi 9.1
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Edmund,
With the assistance of SysOpr (who can mess with a production source member
- I cannot) we made a copy of the SV0020 program, into the same production
source file. He then qualified the two /copy statements,
(as in " /COPY tfscm1/TFSCOPYSRC,NMS_PROTOS" and " /COPY
tfscm1/TFSCOPYSRC,TFS_PROTOS")
and saved and closed.
Back at my desk, I opened that copy as modified, and voila! - got an
outline.

So just to prove that was the issue, I begged some more and got him to edit
the "real" source member exactly the same way. Saved an closed.

Back at my desk, I opened that source as modified, and NOT voila! - got NO
outline.

So the evidence indicates qualifying the /copy member with the production
library name DOES NOT solve the problem.

So I cleared my cache, closed RDi, opened RDi, and opened the source member
again. Still no outline.

Conclusion: There's a Poltergeist in that source member in its production
source file that has nothing to do with the copybook.

In the meantime, I got the ball rolling to upgrade to RDi 9.5 tomorrow
(while I'm out).
I think, unless the problem persists in that version, I may not have an
opportunity to pursue the PMR on the 9.1.1.1 version.

Will let you know the status with this Tueday morning.

Michael Koester