Interesting....

I recently Installing IBM DataStudio on my recently re-formatted computer, I got a prompt on java, and I installed it....

I go the update message through the IBM installation Manager. Which I re-open, it shows me that I have this:

IBM Java SDK 8.0 SR2 8.0.2.0

I thought that maybe I could see my Installed version through the help & about, but I have 18 cons. Wow!

I navigated to my installed path (User-Install)
C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\IBM\SDP\jdk\bin

And put in Java -version, and I got this:
java version "1.8.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pwa6480sr2-20151023_01(SR2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.8, JRE 1.8.0 Windows 10 amd64-64 Compressed References 20151019_272764 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R28_Java8_SR2_20151019_2144_B272764
JIT - tr.r14.java_20151006_102517.04
GC - R28_Java8_SR2_20151019_2144_B272764_CMPRSS
J9CL - 20151019_272764)
JCL - 20151022_01 based on Oracle jdk8u65-b17

PS. I wonder how you check which version of Java that RDI 9.5.0.2 is using. There must be a simpler way...

Anyway, I only do updates through the IBM installation Manager... <grin>

-Ken Killian-